Friday, June 3, 2011

7 Days: 7 Positive Things

A fellow blogger in Wales who writes I Knit, and Sew What?, writes a weekly "7 Days and 7 Positive Things", so I borrowed her theme.  Here goes:

1: The Texas Road Trip was completed, family visited, and I maneuvered through interstate and local traffic without incident.

2.  On the plane trip back to Colorado, I had trouble getting to the airport.  Long story short, I was the last person to board the plane, getting to the gate just as the door closed.  If that connection had been missed, it would have required not only a long delay, but a stayover in Denver.  Phew!

3.  I saw Bridesmaids TWICE because it was so funny.  What a hoot!

4.  Chive blossoms in our garden made up an onion flavored vinegar that we will use in balsamic vinegar and olive oil salad dressings.  Love the look and looking forward to the dressing!


(Vinegar pretty and pink and ready to strain after 3 days)

5.  I made up nine small batches of strawberry freezer jam that is delicious.  Here is how: 
  • 3 and 2/3 cups of strawberries (washed, hulled, quartered)
  • 4 Tbsp. freezer pectic
  • 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
  • Stir the sugar and pectin together, add the fruit, let stand 30 minutes, pour into containers and freeze
 
6.  Making small, slow progress on a Simple Scallops crocheted scarf:


7.  Our house and garden were spared over the night.  A huge limb off an old cottonwood tree in our back yard crashed to the ground around 1 AM.  We heard a loud noise that awakened us, but did not see anything in the dark.  This morning, we found this in the lower part of the back:

the broken tree trunk was 10 inches in width!

That could have caused some serious damage! We were very lucky.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentionning my blog!!! I can't believe the size of this tree- you were indeed very lucky it didn't fall in your garden or on your house.

    Have a great week-end xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful positive things! Glad the tree caused no damage. Interesting way to make the vinagrette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that tree limb could have cause a lot of damage... happy it fell where it did!

    Love the scalloped pretty, keep at it... my friend!

    Hope you enjoy your day today dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, did you just put those garlic blooms in water and let it seep? Your vinegar jars are pretty-looks good!

    Your 7 days, 7 positive things makes a lot of sense. A good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Bridesmaids was funny too but vulgar. I guess that's what made it work. I normally dislike vulgar humor but normally it's a man's game. So this was a twister. Funny, ironic and clever, but it would get old fast if there were lots and lots of vulgar chick flicks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!