Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nancy Pearl: Book Lust Rediscoveries

Nancy Pearl is a writer, a literary critic, a personage of the literati.  She is a regular commentator on NPR (Morning Edition).

And I write about her now because she has brought attention to books which are real finds, but are older and perhaps out of print.  Pearl has made a listing of  these books and calls it "Book Lust Rediscoveries."

Amazon says
Book Lust Rediscoveries is a series devoted to reprinting some of the best (and now out of print) novels originally published between 1960-2000. Each book is personally selected by Nancy Pearl and includes an introduction by her, as well as discussion questions for book groups and a list of recommended further reading.
If you are looking for a new read, Nancy Pearl might direct you to a treasure you have overlooked.

I first found her through the book The Last Night at the Ritz in an Amazon review capturing the essence of the story here:
Readers of Joanna Trollope or Anne Tyler may enjoy this intelligent, captivating, and not entirely trustworthy (unnamed) narrator. She invites three close friends to lunch with her at the Ritz Hotel, in Boston, for her birthday. Two of them are a long married couple she has known since college days. The third was once her lover. The lunch quickly takes an unexpected turn.
Check out her Book Lust Shop here.  She even has an action figure if you are a girl fan for Pearl.  And you can see and hear her on the Seattle cable channel 21 found here.


I am currently reading The Cowboy and the Cossack, another Pearl Book Lust Rediscovery.


So many books, so little time.
(Camilo Mori)
Linking up with Pamela at OurShelteringTree.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do. There are so many books that I have not read! I will check out her list:) Have a blessed day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great link. I'm always looking for new to me books and since I use the library for most books I find older books are easier to get there without a long wait on the Hold-for-me list.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you on Goodreads? I love to see what other people are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always fun to check out book recommendations. I check out ones from B&N's newsletter and Goodreads. Happy reading Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading out to spend some hours at Barnes and Noble...will be checking this out there! Glad I came here first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Libby
    you are so sweet..feel good little one (:)
    oh Hi Nancy(:)
    hugs..p

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!