Friday, September 13, 2013

Great great grandparents

Texas, the central area, is where I have been the past few days visiting family.  My bother discovered the graves of our maternal great great grandparents, the Shaws, as well as some of the graves of their eight children.



He has been working on genealogy research for over twenty years, and transferred all his research onto my iPad using the Reunion app.  He has over 600 families and over 1200 names in his database. Somehow he has gone back to the 7th century in his documentary work.

This is the grave marker for our great great maternal grandparents who were buried in the Austin, Texas area.  Some of my great great grandmother and g g grandfather's children are also buried in this plot.

Visiting family and touring the Bullock Texas History Museum in Austin filled the afternoon yesterday


Always interesting to learn more about your home state.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those moments.

    On my second drive through Texas this summer, this time in daylight hours, my son spied a sign on the Interstate near, I think it was Greenville (?), advertising the Audie Murphy and American Cotton Museum. We needed a break, so stopped in. What a great little museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super neat. Oh my gravy, 7th century. Astounding and amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!