Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mereta, Texas and a Cardboard Box

It appears that I have abandoned this blog in favor of Path to Writing, but alas, that is not the case. Seems that  now I am spending more time for my class with writer Sandra Dorr.  And it also occurs to me that I have not shared a picture that my talented brother and commercial artist Charles H. McCarroll put together some years ago of the farm house where we spent our formative childhood years in Mereta, Texas, dry farm land in Central Texas.

Here is his rendition of our farm in mixed media:


... this is my rendition of the farm house in watercolor (yes, it was a pink house)



I wrote about a corrugated refrigerator box where I made-believe when I was five years old.  It can be read here if you are interested, which is a stretch of the imagination, even for me.

6 comments:

  1. I adore your pink farmhouse. Ours was turquoise. Pink is quite nice. Your brother`s picture is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute how you and your brother are artists and made these different renditions of the house you grew up in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink farmhouse watercolour is so pretty, I like your brother's version too, very interesting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful memories in art! Enjoy your day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink farmhouse IS lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo, I love both of these renditions of your childhood home...in being so different they both help tell a story...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!