Friday, December 11, 2015

Dog Biscuits

Julie suggested that The Manor House give dog biscuits to our local no-kill animal shelter for a Christmas gift.

Here is the recipe I forwarded to the activity director where today some of the residents will make these treats.  I found my old dog bone cookie cutter we will use, tucked away in a plastic bag that has housed cutters since time began; the plastic looks a bit worse for wear but the old cutter is still sharp. My thick notebook of recipes is kept mostly for nostalgic purposes, but it came in handy on this occasion.


 Cindy, Activity Director at the Manor, in Christmas attire!
Charley rolling dough

Nancy and Connie tasting the dough

 Julie's Big Idea to make dog biscuits!



Can you believe these herbs are still alive in mid December?  They are watered faithfully, and they keep on giving.


Last evening I finished 2/3 of the knitting required to make up the Promenade Shawl.  It was begun in July, so I have been fairly slow in the needle process. Each row must have a thousand stitches, and there are too many rows to count.  Add those stitches to changing colors, and it is mind boggling for knitting.

On another note, here is a present for Julie I have saved up for Christmas: another When In Scotland shawl.



Hoping your weekend is a good one!

5 comments:

  1. How great! Dog biscuits! You're so cute, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like making dog biscuits and my dogs like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and what lovely pictures, Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea:) I am going to pass that recipe on to my Daughter! Julie looks happy! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Julie had and how fun for all the residents to participate in the making of the dog biscuits.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!