Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sunbeams through Clouds and Bob Ross Teaching


While on the morning walk, I caught a photo or two of sunbeams filtering though billowing cumulus clouds.

It did not seem like too difficult a task to try and capture a few beams in oils coming through clouds on a landscape.  (Wrong.) 

This, after many painting attempts, does not nearly capture that view:
It needs lots more contrast in the lights and darks and many more layers of paint.

The late Bob Ross shows how to make clouds on a YouTube video:


NOW, after reviewing the Ross video, let's take a snippet of the cloud from the lighthouse canvas:

And with a little fan brush work, here is a later rendition of clouds with a bit of tutalage from Bob Ross:

The pinks need to be worked in, along with more white. It is a work in progress!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous Job..your painting is wonderful..and the clouds are gorgeous and airy..looks beauitfull! Aww..I love Bob..he is so sweet..love when he takes the squirrel's out to play!
    Have  a wonderful day!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley http://knittinghayley-aezoey.blogspot.com/July 3, 2010 at 3:16 PM

    I really like your painting! I wish I had your talent!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are on your way to beautiful clouds, though I thought your first picture was very nice. I love lighthouses. Bob Ross is a still seen on the local PBS station up in Flagstaff. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting and colorful blog!  I am new to blogging, but I appreciate wonderful art.  I also enjoyed your patriotic post.  Thank You for sharing so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!