Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Off to Scrabble while Transatlantic

Today I put up a new blog picture header from the view out my study window.  Fallish, autumnal colors and a pretty ash tree quickly losing its leaves.  The time to hunker down is coming closer.

But for the next few weeks, I will be in Spain and then across the ocean back to the Americas, landing in Ft. Lauderdale in mid November.  I will be checking in and posting pictures from Barcelona and the Canary Islands, along with a few pictures of Scrabble tournament play while aboard the Celebrity Equinox.

For now, I leave you with this picture of a cosmos seed that was planted in May and has grown and topped up at five feet, two inches.  An amazing feat since most of the cosmos plants were well under three feet in height.  We will be saving the seeds for next spring from this yellow mother plant to see if the new plants from this giant will reproduce tall plants also.


And the usual size of our cosmos plants:

(September, 2014)
Happy Fall and see you in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. I wanna go with you:) Stop and pick me up! Love all the pretty flowers and the pretty header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice neighborhood pic. It's like you're all nestled there. Your trip sounds extraordinary. Have the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you`ll have a great time Nancy. Wonderful header picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip. I hope you are having a great time. I love the new header photo. That cosmos is really something.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!