Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Free Time on My Hands: Promenade Shawl; Piper's Journey Shawl

Yesterday, I said I would be knitting.  And yes, I did just that.  

Almost finished with the Promenade Shawl.



And the (3rd, count it) Piper's Journey Shawl is well on its way to completion.  That pretty pink yarn is from Ginny, who dyed it with pokeberries!  I am joining in with her YarnAlong.




All this knitting is happening because Julie is still in Denver in the hospital.

The news last night, set to the background of Julie crying over the cell, was that the manor is reluctant to take her back as her "home" because she is on an IV.  But the IV is only temporary, we hope, and she should be on oral medications shortly.  Does this mean Julie will need to find another nursing home placement?  Will another nursing home here in the home town take her on, or will there be further reluctance because of her complications?  (She does require lots of assistance in turning in bed, electronic lifting into her motorized wheelchair, bathing, help with her two ostomy care bags, daily wound care, etc.)  Need I go into further detail?

So instead of biting my nails, I have turned to reading (again, PomPom, I am into the Tuesday readings with help from the Paraclete) and knitting, and even getting a haircut yesterday and planning on coffee with friends this morning.

And Julie stews in Denver at hospital.  Pray hard, friends, for answers to her placement here in Grand Junction.

9 comments:

  1. I KNEW you would be greatly blessed through the Psalter! Yay!
    I am so sorry that things are a bit tricky for poor Julie. I hope she can get off the IV's soon. I also pray that her nursing "home" will take her and work it all out.
    Your knitting is gorgeous! You are an amazing knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will think hard about her and send hoping vibes down her way. I'm sorry you all have to face this yet another hurdle. Glad you have some soothing distractions right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be very happy to promenade around in your shawl. It's a beauty. It's not the knitting I'm having trouble with, it's the sewing up! Just finished a lovely baby cardigan and what a mess I've made of the underarm seams! I'll leave it for another day. Hope your Julie finds some respite from all these problems. Worrysome for everyone I should imagine. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is SO pretty:) I know that lots of work goes into making such a beautiful piece! I pray that Julie will get peace in the decisions that will have to be made! God will be in it and I trust that he will help all involved! HUGS and PRAYERS coming your way this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The edging on Piper's Journey is so pretty. It was a bit time consuming but it was so worth it! I'll be praying for Julie <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. both of your shawls are lovely....hopefully they have provided a bit of an escape and respite from all the worry. and in the midst of all this on your plate...you are considering helping out the Seamen's church project. Knitters are truly the most thoughtful, generous kind people in the world. Blessings sent your way...please pass along our heartfelt prayers to Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping everything works out for Julie. The knitting is beautiful & good job putting your time to better use than just worrying! So hard to do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the edge of your shawl! I really want to try that technique this year. It's on my short list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piper's Journey is just beautiful, the colors, the pattern. I hope things work out with Julie in the best of ways.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!