Monday, March 14, 2011

Top Down Vee-Neck

Heidi's free pattern for a Summer Sweater on Ravelry is shown here.


It is a top down knit with a vee neck and looked like a simple enough knit.  I was initially excited to start this knitting project.

So Knit Picks was the yarn selected in a sea foam color in 75% cotton and 25% acrylic.  13 skeins of it!

After a week or so of knitting, it is going back to the drawing board.  Don't you hate that when it just does not fit? 

Here is the v-neck in its current pathetic shape:

The under arm join comes to the elbow.  Not good.  I followed the directions, but this is obviously not what the designer had in mind.

So I'll rip out the sleeves, join the sides and then continue on to finish a smaller sleeve circumference.  It still bothers me that I can't figure out my mistake.

But spring is right around the corner and I'll look on the bright side.  If all else fails, this yarn can always be repurposed into a baby blanket for a charity knit.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, bless your little heart! I can't imagine putting all of that work into it and then having to UN-DO it:( Hope it turns out to suit you!

    Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hate when knitting disaster strikes. Did you check for any errata? Just a thought...

    Nancy, I LOVE that painting on your header!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found my way here from Theresa's..*s*..
    Oh no thats not good. Isn't that awful to work so hard on something only to come find out it has a glitch like yours. I had that happen with a hat I was knitting. Thats too bad. The picture looks lovely...and you chose a nice colour too.

    It was last year right around this time that I put the hat I was making into a drawer...this winter after Christmas when I took it out it ended up I had to take it right down to an inch or so. I never could get going on it this year. NOW its the same thing..March. It will wait for next winter...

    Come by and visit some time.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get it girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm knitting this sweater right now. I literally read the patter 10 times before it makes sense. It looks like you missed the increases on the sleeves at the beginning. From row 2, there are increases on BOTH sides of each stitch marker.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!