Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Three Shawls Knit Over the Summer

Three?  Did I need THREE shawls, the husband asked.  Well, yes, I did.  Started August 2, 2012 and completed August 27, 2012 in 100% cotton:


close up of the lace:


It blocked out at 86 inches at the widest point by 36 inches in length.  It is Wendy D. Johnson's Seriously Simple Shawl and is a free pattern found here on Ravelry.


Then on to another shawl I knit in June, July and finished on August 1, 2012, the Different Lines Shawl by Veera Välimäki:



And lastly, the WINGSPAN:
This pattern has been worked up 4,280 times at the writing. I knit it from June 27 to July 23, 2012.
This pattern is by maylin Tri'Coterie Designs; it is a free pattern and can be found here.

Just documenting some summer knitting; waiting for cooler weather to wear this neckware.

13 comments:

  1. oh my. I love them all~but that last one is stunning. I have been so chicken to do lace patterns!!! I get all mumbled up with YO-can't seem to get the rows to work out right! Hey! I'm on Ravelry too-I'll look you up....

    PS Beautiful work, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, Nancy!
    Oh, your shawls are lovely! I applaud your productivity and I rejoice with you because shawls are so useful! It's been SO hot here. I am READY for the cool nights of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful shawls!
    Of course you need three! Maybe you actually need 7... one for each day of the week :)

    Fall is on it's way.. I hope it lingers a long time.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you need three shawls! Ridiculous question! LOL They are lovely and I like the last the best! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work and the final shawl looks very Autumnal - such a versatile thing to have in your wardrobe I don't think three is excessive at all! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeousness X 3:) Love them all! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawls are beautiful Nancy! I especially like the second one for color and design. Shoot yes! You can wear all three! Have a great day, Hugs!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. OooOOOOo! The cotton lace one is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you do it Nancy? Find all that time to craft, paint, work, and garden? You have stunning patience to get three shawls done this summer!
    I esp love your wingspan. It makes me think of magical dragon wings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Husbands can be so silly. Of course you needed 3 shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Missed this. You've been going great guns! Love the 'Seriously Simple'

    Shh, don't tell, I know I'm supposed to be giving my hands a break but I just cast on a shawl. Watch this space, though it might take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! All your blankets are so beautiful, but my favorite is the variegated green one that you draped on the tree. The way you photographed it makes it look like a sculpture. I can sew some, but knitting is one thing I don't know how to do. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!