Friday, January 3, 2014

Mouse, Mice, Meece

How can you not think mice are cute?

Not the destructive type of mouse, that varmint type, that eat grain, sneak into your pantry and eat a hole in your Cheerios box ... but the type of mice as portrayed by Beatrix Potter and other whimsical artists.


Let your mind wander to sweet mice, funny mice, darling mice, like these



And even knitted mice!
This is a family of mice I knit from the book Knitted Cats and Kittens by Stratford.  An odd choice for knit?  Maybe.  But I think that one or two peeking out from the brim of a hat might give a chuckle.
 

 
 I do think mice are very nice.


6 comments:

  1. Well your knitted mice are PRECIOUS:) Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Your mice are cute. Yes, don't mind the cute mice. No outdoor visiting ones, pls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute knitty mice Nancy, you made them look really sweet. I like Beatrix Potter's mice a lot - I like sugar mice too - I got a recipe but didnt' get round to doing them over Christmas, you just reminded me - it was a no cook recipe must find it. Do you remember sugared mice Nancy? they were a part of my childhood Christmas I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute knitted mice-not too fond of ones that get in my house though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little knitted mice are so sweet, and one of my favorite colors! Hope you're doing well, and staying warm Nancy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!