Wednesday, April 11, 2018

More Small Paintings

This week I tried various renditions of painting sunflowers. Below is a picture that took a bit more time since there were three times that the picture was set aside to dry between color applications. This is a 5" x 7" size, larger than those used for note cards.

(pen and watercolor)


Above is a vase of sunflowers that is about 3" high, pasted to the front of a note card.

Sunflowers are fun to paint.  Their leaves are irregular in size and shape, allowing for yellows and oranges and golds to mingle.  (Remember the back yard fence painted in sunflowers from 
2014, before we sold the homestead?)


Here is another 5" x 7" watercolor on 140 lb. cold press paper.  Again, this one took a bit more time to paint than the quick, smaller pieces.

A few more paintings worked on during early hours of the dark, cool mornings when the fireplace is going and the day is being planned:












The picture below will end today's post.  It is 11" x 14", matted under a dark green, ready to go to the framer's for glass housed under a wooden frame.


7 comments:

  1. I love your style, and I especially love those sunflowers! I don't know that I'd seen that flowery fence before - it is really fun. Do you know if the new owners kept it?

    Christ is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, such beautiful paintings! Your talent is amazing! Keep painting sweet friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you're still painting away, Nancy. My favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an really
    long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Regardless,
    just wanted to say wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your small paintings! They're exquisite. I'm honored that I was the recipient of a few!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your small paintings! They're exquisite. I'm honored that I was the recipient of a few! - Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!