Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bernat: Scallop Scarf in 3 Different Yarns


Details on Ravelry at this site.  Just finished the Scallop Scarf, a free pattern download provided by  Bernat Design Studio at this website.

Yarns purchased at Lonesome Stone Fiber Mill in Granby, CO. One of a kind BFF Color Line, 50% alpaca, 50% superwash wool, 290 yd; and one skein similarly handpainted of 180 yd (total yardage 470 yd)

I also used two skeins of Lion Brand acrylic in a coordinating color because there was a shortage of the handpainted yarn.

Note: I made only 10 scallops instead of the 12 called for in the pattern. Finished length: 72”

Note 2:  Listened to Steig Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo while finishing this scarf.  A good listen.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful scarf!  I wish I knew how to do this, it looks so relaxing when I watch others knit!  Enjoy your day my friend!  HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!