Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rest in Peace

My morning routine consists of flipping on the tv and iPad, almost simultaneously.  After checking emails and playing a couple of scrabble moves with friends and family, then one of the first web sites that I look at is our local obituaries.

Since I worked a shift last Saturday at our local in-patient hospice, I wanted to check to see if any of "my" patients had passed during the week.  Yes, one of the patients of a family I was privileged to both serve and talk with had died the afternoon I left shift.  Cancer was her cause of death.


We are privileged to have such a caring and compassionate staff at Western Colorado Hospice and Palliative Care. 

And on another note, my friend who had the mastectomy this week was informed by her surgeon that he "got it all" and that neither chemotherapy nor radiation would be required as adjuvant therapies.  That was certainly good news!  And by the way, only ONE of her lymph nodes was removed (sentinel node).  This less aggressive method of taking only the sentinel lymph node goes along with the current thinking regarding lymph node removal cited in the most recent literature.

For all of you undergoing aggressive medical treatments of any kind, keep up the good fight.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for your loss! My Dad was at a Hospice in his last days with us, Angels worked there too:) Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on your friend. That's very good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoopee, and you should see the knitted knocker I got from Nancy, It even had a skype showing in Seattle and modeled for hubby,!!!

    Sorry about your friend. I agree, our hospice is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!