Sunday, April 3, 2011

Where Do You Knit? 2KCBWDAY7

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.




Since this is part of the Blog Along week posts via the Blog Hub group on Ravelry, I'll contain answering about where it is that I spend crafting time to simply "where do you knit?"
 
But let's create the entire environment of where I knit.  There is usually, if not always, some sort of background noise involved.

The noise is not actually annoying, as the word implies, but is just part of the usual sounds of life: television programming, radio coming in from the study of the husband,
 podcasts coming in through earphones via the MP3 player, dogs chatting with one another in the room, and dogs loudly conversing outside through what we humans deem "barking".  Also there might be the dishwasher chugging away whilst making those dinner dishes squeaky clean.

Let's go on to the actual place where I sit when knitting.  (And no, I never knit while standing up as I have observed sales personnel performing while  in yarn stores.)
 
This is the worn covering on the La-Z-Boy seat, poor thing:
 
 
It has had just too many hours of my bottom wearing against it while knitting.
 
This is my last post in the 2nd annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, so normal posting will resume after today. It's been great fun, thinking about specifics to do with knitting, and also visiting a whole load of new blogs. Big thanks to Eskimi for all her efforts in organizing this blog-along.

5 comments:

  1. Comfy chair and some background noise sounds like a great place to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't knit... BUT when I craft, ALONE with noise in the background! TV is always on, not that I am always watching it but it is on!

    My chair where I sit looks like yours:) COMFY! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy; you can't beat knitting in a Lazy B chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like background noise; I live in a rowhouse and have unpleasant neighbors, so I have something on to block them out. I have only one place to sit (aside from my desk), an Ikea Klippan sofa. I sit sideways on it with my legs up, surrounded by cats and a dog, and knit away! If it's nice I go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitting time is very similar to mine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!