Friday, October 18, 2013

Pleated Ballet Slippers

Between dramatic health issues with a friend, my own eye issues, and computer problems, the knitting has been sparse over the last few days.

The good news is that I got some punctal plugs yesterday for dry eye.  The jury is out if it will help, but I am crossing fingers.

PhotobucketAnd since it is Friday, Fiber Arts Friday, here is something I started yesterday:

Ballet slippers!  Well, actually not for dance, but to look nicer on the feet than slouching around in my old LL Bean moose footwear.  Don't even try to picture it.  Not a pretty sight.

The feminine footwear pattern by Julie Weisenberger can be found here.  Slippers on her site look this this:


Mine are used from these yarns, mixtures of wools and acrylics, held double and are in progress.  I plan on making several pairs.




Foot bottoms will be painted with puffy paint I found on Amazon, but it is available at any craft store as well.  The puffy paint helps keep the slippers from sliding on hardwood floors.

 
Update: 10.22.13
 
First pair frogged.  Second pair much better and finished.  Fun making the little pleats.  Here is the yarn and also the finished product:
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how your slippers turn out, those are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puffy paint? I had no idea...that sounds really cool. Love your chosen colors for your slippers. They will be great Nancy! Hope the plugs help your eyes. Have a good weekend-YAY, it is Friday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur on the puffy paint idea. Baby socks use them all the time. This is a super cute pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment section is acting weird today, just to let you know. I like that pattern and the yarns you picked will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute! I love them! I didn't know about the puffy paint trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute slippers... and as we had our first snow today, I'm realizing I could use a pair. ;-)

    I hope your eyes are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are TOO cute! I am enjoying a pair of knitted slippers right now:) Sooooo comfy! Have a blessed weekend dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!