Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tintern Abbey

William Wordsworth's poem Tintern Abbey
.........Once again
Do I behold these steep and lofty cliffs,
That on a wild secluded scene impress
Thoughts of more deep seclusion; and connect
The landscape with the quiet of the sky.
Here is a description of the area in Wales around the abbey:
The hills around the Abbey are covered with woods, changing colour with the seasons. The land upon which the Abbey is set makes the most of the sunlight, the Abbey receiving the benefit of the last of the sun shining down the Angiddy valley.

5 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful!  Love this picture and wish I could see it with my very own eyes!  Enjoy!  HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed your tour! Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics and the entries!  You're taking me right along with you - Londo is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi!This was a really admirable website!
    I come from roma, I was fortunate to look for your blog in digg
    Also I get much in your subject really thank your very much i will come again

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!