Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bag with Crocheted Hexagons

Loosely based on this pattern for making a shopping bag, and borrowing from this pattern on Ravelry for a hexagon blanket, a new project bag was born.


See the toy ferret and bunny rabbit?  Those belong to The Amazing Therapy Dog Libby, but I actually plan on filling it with a sweater project and swapping yarn for the toys.  Its strap is a knitted icord, and the bag itself is two pieces of coordinating fabrics sewn back to back, folded in half, and seamed together.



Several weeks ago, I was making hexagons from sock yarn, but did not have enough sock yarn scraps to make an actual blanket.   Instead of chucking the project, I used the 20 multi-colored hexagons as decoration for the bag front.  Bling was added in the form of buttons and charms.


The little sheep buttons in the middle of a couple of hexagons make me smile.


7 comments:

  1. You are clever. The hexagons look great on the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to use the lovely hecxagos you made and that sheep button is super

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative ways to spruce up a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to pick up my crochet needle/hook again. Those hexagons are really neat. You can do so much with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sheep buttons are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love the look of the hexies on the fabric bag. It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog while searching the internet for personalised stuff to our Kris Kringle and I think you have just given me the idea on what to give to my office mate. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!