Friday, May 25, 2012

Geese Feet

Could be a goose:

Turn up your speakers and listen to ‘Flock of geese’ on Audioboo.

...and these are definitely the feet of a goose.  I am enchanted with the picture and the verse that Debra has associated with the feet of Titus, her goose, over at her Sparrowgrass blog:


"It is tolerably safe to say that those who wear loose, easy-fitting shoes and boots will never be troubled with corns. Some people are more liable to corns than others, and some will persist in the use of tightly-fitting shoes in spite of corns." ~Our Deportment~Or-The Manners, Conduct and Dress of the Most Refined Society, 1880


10 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you know you've captured my heart with this post. In fact, before I sat down to my computer, I was in the goose pen holding Sam and petting her feet. Titus was in the pool-her tight fitting shoes were getting a good soaking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geese feet!! a delightful post. I have to say that the first photo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A voice within speaks to us too:) Have a blessed day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Geese are cool. I miss living in the flyway, seeing and hearing the geese migrate. Splendid post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't paused to give thought to geese before! they are quite elegant creatures but I am a little afraid - there is one that guards the small lake in the woods and often chases people away - very territorial - I haven't noticed her feet but she sure does run fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to listen...I can't get it to play, I'm going to try it again. Lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! How true and endearing! I have to say that sometimes I hear my own voice and move forward when I should have remained silent and "listened". LOL

    Love the pictures, post and quote.
    This is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful post! I love the message too. I absolutely adore ducks and geese and all kinds of birds and my garden is a veritable 'hotel' for them. I cannot imagine how people can kill these beautiful beings and eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool -great post (:)
    you are one creative woman (:)
    hugs,p

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!