Thursday, May 17, 2012

You Knit Me Together in My Mother's Womb

For the Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge on "hearts," my brother tried his best to help me use the basics of Photoshop, but I failed miserably.  He even made me a 13 minute tutorial on layers and how to create images by combining pictures together.

It looked easy when he did it on his video, but there were so many intricacies that I could come up with only one half-way presentable image by combining two heart art clips on top of one image. Then I couldn't save the danged thing except to a .pdf file.
 (Mother and daughter in NIC unit, Kentucky, 1970)

"...You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body."  (Psalms 139, verse 13, 15, 16)

So there are a couple of clip art hearts on my daughter and me.  My entry...it certainly won't win any awards, but it was valuable in at least learning a few basics on the software of Photoshop.

Join in Art with Heart and show us some of your favorite heart-y inspirations like these:

                                                                               cianellistudios.blogspot.com


                                                                              Palmarin Merges : In the Studio

7 comments:

  1. Aww...I love it just how it is-but you will get the hang of Photoshop -the very best way is to just fiddle with all the buttons on your own-don't try the help section or the book-just play. That's how I learned it-even though I'm no where near knowing it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!

    I love, love, love the picture!
    How precious to have that picture of you and your daughter.
    Truly a heart-knit moment captured in time.

    I don't even have photoshop...or if I do.. I don't know it~~LOL!
    Sometimes I have fun tweeking pictures with PICMONKEY.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope today is a great one!

    Hugs~~
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics and the message(:)
    you cracked me up ..eating my petunias(:) big hugs for that..p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mother and bebe photo. the psalm is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful picture - I can't get the hang of these photo techniques either and gave up long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Nancy, I think it is MIGHTY sweet! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy

    Thank you so very much for the beautiful postcards I received from you as part of the postcard swap. I am most grateful that you shared your art with me!

    T

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!