Friday, June 21, 2013

Checking In with Finished Objects Friday

Since it is Friday and after 9 AM with nothing to show for the day yet except for having finished off refrigerator left overs for breakfast, I'll post on Finished Objects Friday at Tami's.  (I had the last of a batch of gazpacho and some chicken salad.)  Go on over there to see what others are doing.


This pattern by Tin Can Knits, published by Handmade in the UK, is VIVID, a blanket pattern.

It is written for three weights of yarn.  I used a sport weight and a sock weight yarn and made these as samples.




These samples will be used for coasters during the summer.  When cool weather rolls round again, it might be time to go ahead and knit up 20 squares in various colors and make a blanket from the squares.  It is a fun pattern and a square can be knit in a few hours.

And from the garden, our first bloom from our newly planted Rose of Sharon bush and hollyhocks:

 
 
Happy Friday!

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect bloom! I so like that blanket pattern. I just had to fave it and Pin it. You certainly made a great start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like complicated pattern, but what a pretty result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rose of Sharon, Nancy...even the new little buds are pretty. That is something I don't have, but there are many in my area. Would like to have one some day.

    And, I love your little squares/patterns. They will make a very pretty and warm blanket.

    Hope you and family are doing well. Have a nice weekend! Hugs!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely flower squares! I love the smoothness of the knitted surface - crochet is always more bobbly if you know what I mean. If I could knit, I'd have a go at these but I know my limitations! Your Rose of Sharon is beautiful (as she should be with such a wonderful name!) Have a lovely weekend Nancy! E x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness....that flower is breathtaking!Happy Saturday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden! I like the knitting pattern too. Your squares make cute coasters. I`m a crochet person with a yen to learn to knit, lol. Every trip to your blog just makes my day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!