Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Red Door

Just painted, our front door!  It went from green to red.


Looking much better than this two days ago...
My back is a bit sore, but think it was worth the effort.  Also spruced up the entrance with a coat of paint on the barrel that holds cosmos about ready to bloom.  The yellow mums came from Home Depot.  The husband and I disagree about it needing another coat of paint on the door.  That red is not covering 100 percent, so must do another coat for adequate coverage.  Sigh.

These references were used for
The red I used was made by Behr, Ruby Ring # 5853, exterior semi gloss latex

Come visit!

8 comments:

  1. Inspirational! Gorgeous door. Nice shade of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your door! It's amazing what a difference a coat (or two) of paint can make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Well done! Thank you for the tips, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red!!! very nice! nice flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job, Nancy! Well done! I get in a terrible mess with painting things but you seem to take it seamlessly in your stride! Enjoy your house' s new face! E x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful door! Enjoy your weekend dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference the red made! It is lovely, it is just lovely, and popping with your plants off the porch! Have a wonderful week Nancy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!