Monday, August 1, 2016

Ever Visited Breast Cancer Dot Org?

Over where it is beautiful one day and perfect the next, Sandra posted:
"Negative people need drama like oxygen.
Stay positive. It will take their breath away."

And on an optimistic note, this week Ibrance is to be delivered to our doorstep.  It is a pill generally taken orally along with a hormone inhibitor. I have read that it costs $10,000 for a one month supply, but I am hoping that is an unsubstantiated rumor.  Yeah, yeah, there are those nasty little side effects, but look at it this way, those tumors may not get bigger anytime soon with pricey meds on board!

At this site on one of the community forums at "breast cancer", I spent several days reading through, actually skimming, over 14,000 messages on one board alone.  About anything you could ever question has been addressed by one person or another in this one thread about BC bone metastasis.  And that is just one thread of conversations covering almost 135,000 topics.  It is amazing how many competent people, mostly women, are in charge of their health care.

Simply filling in the information on the profile site took me a while.  It was worth the time to complete the profiling because now I have specific email updates on news relating to individual diagnoses sent to me by email.  Of course, if you are only a lurker and not an overachiever trying to be on top of it all, you can skip the emails and enjoy your latest Big Bang Theory episode, if that is your fancy, and just check in every few months on medical updates. Obsessiveness comes in all shapes and sizes other than fretting over one's health; my personal favorite ocd activity is blowing dead leaves off the patio.  At least that is an activity that can be controlled by hot air (not touching politics)!

Leaving you with this beautiful song...

9 comments:

  1. praying for you daily dear one! may you sense that the Lord is near and with you. And if you do not sense it, trust that it is still so. HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your blog comment! The chicken dish is lovely! If you make it, I hope you like it! We are still praying for you! Husband and I pray together for people at night and you are always on the 'short list' of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, that's an expensive pill! WHY, oh WHY can't they make them where folks can afford them! I hope and pray that each day finds you one day closer to being ALL BETTER! Sending HUGS and continuous PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nancy, just getting caught up on your posts after a little time away. You remain in my prayers. Peace and grace to you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you and will continue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. prayers! Thanks for your blog comment - so glad that the chicken dish worked out!!! I have not done deglazing, but understand that this is for when residue is at the bottom of the pot used to brown meat, if I got that right. I browned the chicken until it was all a light 'white' colour as it were and there was very little left (other than the butter I used to do it in) and kept the butter and added the rest! Would love to hear more on how you did this, but understand that you are very busy. Praying for you daily!!! sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's wonderful you've found such a great resource for information and support. I'm also glad you're managing your anxiety and getting some sleep. Wishing you the best, sending my best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers and more prayers! God be with you today, good Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever thought about creating an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would appreciate your work.
    If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!