Friday, March 3, 2017

Latimer House Fundraiser: Extraordinary Women

Latimer House, a safe haven for women and children seeking assistance from domestic abuse, is having a 2017 fundraiser to keep the House open and functioning. Go to this link to learn more about this opportunity.

This year, a silent on-line auction will be available for bids.  I came up with a 16" x 20" collage of women's faces in acrylics.  Maybe you see yourself or someone you know in one of these faces:









Here are the faces in a collage on canvas, 16" x 20":


Let's believe some one will offer money to help out Latimer House through the purchase of this painting!  I envision some woman will purchase this and hang it in her office, being inspired to excellence by an extraordinary woman!  Mike Green is heading up this project (970)-244-0240.


More from this website:
Calling Western Colorado Artists
Your original artwork can make a difference for women, children, and men experiencing domestic violence.
Hilltop’s Latimer House and Domestic Violence Services are expanding their Extraordinary Women fundraiser from a month long event to a year-round online shop featuring original and reproduction artwork from local artists. The sale of all items support Latimer House and those affected by domestic violence – providing emergency shelter, 24-hour crisis lines, children’s services, counseling, and so much more. There are two ways to use your passion and talents to support this important cause: 
For more information and instructions on submitting artwork for consideration, call Mike Green at 970.244.0420. Deadline for submissions is February 24, 2017.

13 comments:

  1. I love your artwork. If I lived nearer, I would definitely put a bid in for the collage. I have no doubt that someone will scoop it up. They'd be foolish not to. Have a good weekend, Nancy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always giving a helping hand in any way you can, Nancy. You are a gem! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely piece of art Nancy, different from your usual style and a great way to give awareness to your cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful portrait collage, Nancy. Best wishes with your fundraiser. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish them well with the fund raiser; the need is so great every where.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good to see your post. I hope March is off to a better start than January and February! I love the portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. was so happy to see this! still praying for you! Glad you were able to make this art! God bless and keep you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creations! I woke up with you on my mind and heart this morning! Praying that you are doing well! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying for you and what beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art and good work for a great cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Nancy, I happened to see your beautiful painting in Suzanne's sidebar and was treated to your whole collection of gorgeous ladies.
    I have read a couple of your other posts also and send my good wishes as you work your way through your latest setback. Take care and here's a good cheerio from Australia. Sue :D)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Nancy, just thinking about you, praying for you and wanted you to know🙏🏼. I hope you are doing well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!