Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kilkenny Cowl

Several months ago, Paula the Podcaster at Knitting Pipeline,  mentioned that she was knitting a different sort of cowl.  The name of the cowl sounded Irish (the Kilkenny Cowl) and I thought it might be one I would enjoy making and wearing while in Ireland this fall.  And then on her podcast yesterday, she again mentioned finishing it for her future daughter in law, and showed the pretty cowl on her website.  So I, too, will share this pattern and the end results.

In early July, I shopped online at Quince & Company and ordered the pattern and the yarn to knit this cowl.

(The pictures of the Kilkenny and the pretty girl are from the Quince website)

Yes, you too can order the Kilkenny pattern and yarns here.

The "chickadee" yarn in the color nasturtium, in 100% made-in-America wool was purchased and knit over a few weeks, resulting in my rendition of the Kilkenny Cowl:


Remember those beaded glass bracelets I made to go with it?


Thanks, Paula, for the suggestion of a fun knit project with cables and lace making that was not too difficult.

(More Kilkenny Cowl knitting information can be found here on my Ravelry page.)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the nasturtium colorway! I actually knit a smaller cowl for Emily in that color. The bracelet is the perfect piece to complement. Well done! Thanks for mentioning my podcast on your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... Both the cowl and the bracelet! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented, Nancy...both are stunning and I LOVE the color too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to knit up and create. I have yet to try out Quince & Co. yarn but hope to one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Cowl is gorgeous Nancy! It looks so cozy and the different patterns are stunning. What a perfect match for your bracelet!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!