Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vintage Seed Packet Images

Vintage seed packet pictures: an internet search came up with many good links.  The beauty of Victorian ephemera is quite fetching, especially since all images were hand drawn and painted.

Links to free images of vintage seed packets are cataloged here for my (and your) future use, along with some of the pictures that captured my eye.  These images will be an excellent source for referencing, painting, and posting on my Floral Art blog.

Here are some links, in no particular order:

Smithsonian Museum: "Seed Packets, Vintage"

(sweet peas)
(pansies)
and my favorite:
Free Vintage Fruit Crate Labels:


Go to Google Images and you will see many such as this one:
Bing Search Engine has lots:
Vintage Seed Packet Templates shows many templates with flower and vegetable images, all free to use for your own non-commercial purposes.  (They are in PDF format)

Home and Garden has more images:

And some blog posts about vintage seed packet images and how they might be used can be found at The Frugal Mennonite, The Vintage Workshop, Blue Hour Studio, to name just a few.

So there you have a short run-down of sources for your viewing pleasure.

6 comments:

  1. Love them, they are pretty enough to frame! Have a blessed day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat-o mosquito! Learned a new word today. Vintage rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage seed packets are awesome!

    I live in Reading, UK, which was home to the first British mail-order seed-catalogue company - Suttons. There are some awesome packets in the museum!

    Thanks for sharing these gems that you found around.

    F

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage Seedpackets are Awesome. Why don't they make them like that anymore? I would buy seeds for the bags if they still sold them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would frame those and hang them on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gгeеtings from Coloгаdо!

    I’m bored tо tearѕ at ωork so I deсided
    to check out youг site on my іρhοne ԁuring lunсh bгeak.
    I enjoу the knοwledgе you ρroѵide
    here аnd can’t wait to
    take a lοok ωhen I get home. I’m shocked at hοw quick уouг blog lοaded on my phone .
    . I’m
    not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhoω, wоnderful ѕitе!


    Herе is mу blog garden

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!