Monday, September 19, 2011

Iced Sweater

Here is the very chunky, heavy sweater just finished from the sweater design named ICED by Carol Feller.  The pattern is free and can be found here.


It took 8 skeins of chunky weight Lamb's Pride wool (85% wool, 15% mohair).  And after all that knitting and pattern revision, I ended up with only 27 inches of leftover yarn.  That is right living.


See that yarn?  That is the 27 inch left-over tail end from the 8th skein.  (Mug by Jenny the Potter.)

It was a bit large, so I threw it into the dryer while it was still damp from water blocking.  That helped it come down a bit to size, but the front of the sweater has an uneven edge, likely because I have no chest!

Revision details can be found on Ravelry here.  I would knit this up again sometime, but it will be a long sometime before I do it again due to the bulkiness of the project.

4 comments:

  1. Well, although a little heavy... I bet it sure is WARM! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cozy! Awesome knitting to use up all and just have 27 inches leftover. Great bang for your buck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sweater. Hope you can get it to shrink a little bit. I love the color. Thanks for the pattern link.

    Your header is a welcome sight. The vibrancy is WONDERFUL. All the beauty starts my day just right. No fooling!

    How is your daughter who is being treated for cancer? I think of her and your family often. I see my surgeon again in another month.

    Take care Nancy,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so comfy and warm Nancy. Love your holly hocks and even the pesky leaf hopper looks good:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!