Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beautifying the Office

My cluttered office needed a face lift and more than a little cleaning.  But wait!  Where does one go for inspiration on this task, you ask?  Why, Pinterest, of course.

Some pictures on Pinterest that looked like copycat possibilities:



Here was my start with a dark and boring bookcase of file folders:


And this was the result of slapping on a bit of glue over the magazine holders and covering them with nouveau designed papers (and after seeing what a few others had accomplished with their organizational beautification efforts).


Better. And the office is clean, too.




8 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I am impressed. My spare room (which I use as craft room) is shamefully untidy. I really need to get organised...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, Nancy! You did a great job. :) I love your granny square afghan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks a homely place for creative pursuits. We don't have a spare room here but if we did, I would definitely fit a big squashy chair like yours in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! I lost my "studio" when our oldest son had to move back home. Now I don't have my own space. I've tried the dining room, but keep having to restrict what goes in there and seem to have to move stuff all the time. Maybe someone needs to get back out on his own...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, makes you feel so good to get that done:) I have so many projects to finish! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had an office! I have a corner! I know I can use some of these ideas. This is what I like about Pinterest.

    I`ve also been looking at the container garden ideas. Thanks!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to organize and infuse color and happy patterns in your office, Nancy.
    BTW, there is an award for you over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and tidy and clean! Me so jelly :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!