Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Embroidery: Urban Themes

Spending time over at the Flickr group on Urban Embroidery, some amazing artwork can be seen.  Here are some examples:

Sarah Walton has these pieces:

(I love the dimples in the back of the knees and the pensive look on the face of the dog.)
(Does this not just scream BFF! and dogs that are wary)

(Do you see these two out for coffee and the pup waiting for a bagel bite?

And from Lucky Jackson on Flickr:


You can purchase Lucky's embroidery patterns here.

3 comments:

  1. I like it! Embroidery has come far. We need to think outside the needlework box. If I can come to the same end (or better) doing it my way that`s the path I take. Glad to see folks lighten up and have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don`t want to have a behind like the ladies in the second picture. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Sarah Walton's work. Thanks for introducing me to it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!