Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

As seen here:
Detail of people drinking, from a treatise on the Seven Vices, Add MS 27695, f. 14r

A picture above of revelers from the past making merry in their own way.  For us, champagne at home and asleep way before that ball descends in Times Square.


Three loads of fabric including linens and clothing in the trunk of the car for a Good Will run, house cleaned, and soup about to be cooked.  That is my New Year's Eve, in a nutshell.


This is a five star recipe from Alton Brown from Food Network.  I am hungry already.  Lunch soon.

What are your evening plans, if I may ask?

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! We are going to eat dinner in front of the tv😂! We scurry to bed early every night! Tomorrow the family comes for lunch! Good for you carting stuff to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours, Nancy and thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment this year. I am housebound due to the rather rotten cold I seem to have contracted out of nowhere but tomorrow will have to finally put on my gladrags and try and make it to my Mother's house for the annual New Year's Dinner that she like to put on. I have refused all offers of going out tonight - early to bed for me too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oink fest at Mum's, movie with the girls at home, & drinks with the hubbie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stayed in for New Year's Ever and enjoyed some good football, chicken wings and warmth:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet night in, reassuring the doggie that the fireworks aren't going to hurt her ... like every year! Happy New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Nancy! We stayed home as always, but Jack went to his first New Year's Eve party. I managed to stay up until midnight, but just barely!

    Hope 2015 is filled with wonder and joy for you and yours!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!