Sunday, February 8, 2015

Yarn Bowls in Crochet

My friend Mrs. Tittlemouse, whose name comes from a Beatrix Potter character, is quite a crafty gal. She wrote about making crochet bowls on her blog here.

Being one to follow the leader, I was spurred on to copy her in trying to make similar ones.  Mrs. T's are prettier, but mine came out OK, too. Using these instructions for a crochet bowl, I made two different sized bowls.  This is a smaller one:


And this is a larger crochet bowl:


I sorta cheated on the second bowl, making it larger and without a pattern, but it worked out just fine. It is now holding yarn.  See?


Mrs. T. uses beautiful pale pinks and lavenders and and celery greens and cherry reds, her favorite colors I think, for her crochet and sewing projects.  Her pictures make me happy just gazing on them. Please take a look here at the lovely bowls she made.

I am going to use the larger crochet bowl as a roll basket on the table at Easter because the colors whisper spring to me.

5 comments:

  1. Thrilled you had a to at bowl-making too! They're rather addictive to make aren't they?! And the nice thing is the idea is very flexible - easy to make whatever diameter and height you want. I love your versions here - gorgeous vivid Spring colours! I may just have to hook up another one now! Have a lovely week, Nancy! E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've just made a pretty little basket for a swap I'm involved in and thought I'd be clever and give it handles. It looks more like a bunny with floppy ears now! I'm going to send it anyways. Love your baskets and thank you so much for popping over to mine, Nancy and leaving your darling comment. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! You're a pro, Nancy! You could make a BIG one, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crochet bowl! Wonderful idea! Have a blessed day dear Nancy, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bowls are handy. They'd be a great way to wrap a crafted item.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!