Monday, April 4, 2016

April Begins

Feeling better this week, thank you very much.  And thank you for comments and prayers.  Sandra, I empathize and sympathize with you for not allowing yourself to be caught up in time consuming efforts at the expense of not getting done what you need to accomplish. Thank you for your email.

Favorite recipe last week from Lee Drummond, Pioneer Woman, for Sunshine Muffins.  Pretty good, a happy yellow muffin with marmalade. Recipe here.  My old stand by recipe is quicker, but not quite as tasty. Gene made beans with ham and a tasty casserole last week, good for taking to the manor.

On April 1, I planted 144 seeds in plastic seed starters for yellow and red cosmos to go into our newly expanding Flower Bed, seen here two years ago when the Delancey Cardigan was knit up.  It will be increased in size by 100 %, to about 10 feet by 4 feet.

Received a dozen 5"x7" gessoed panels to paint from saved pins on Pinterest.  Amazon also provided a like number of mattes in white for pop in pictures.  Yesterday they all received a coating of acrylic peach paint, readying them for images.

On Saturday I saw "Hello, It's Me, Doris" with Sally Field.  It was a time to get out and see how the world and its occupants viewed our first day of warmer weather.  Gave the movie a B+; hard to see Gidget get older, but she kept her charm in tact.



Julie starts her eighth day in bed with a new wound care regime to help heal.  The director of nursing at the manor (DON) and I will be having a serious discussion about getting Julie out of bed and into her wheel chair for at least two hours a day.  It is not good to have her just lie in bed in her room for days at a time, no matter what the DON says.  

We shall see how that idea fares today.

6 comments:

  1. gosh you have been busy. What are the gessoed panels Nancy? are they pictures you are doing? they sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's a lotta seeds:). And will make some pretty flowers. You have that chat with Don, Julie sure needs to get out of that bed. Sending hugs and prayers your way dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the DON listens.
    Your garden is going to be lovely! Again!
    I'll have to see that movie. I loved The Flying Nun when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this DON have any medical training besides CPR and first aid? Good luck. The muffins sound yummy! Do you just bake them in the pan or use liners? My muffins always stick to the paper liners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, I hope you continue to feel better. Everything is better in springtime! I haven't heard about that movie; must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beans and ham stop it. Sounds delightful. I hope the DON really listens and works with you. I am wishing you all a great and fabulous April.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!