Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What Happened this Week

Best new recipe tried this week: Lemon Ice Box Cake  by 12Tomatoes to be served at RCIA tonight

Finished Projects: A Line Vintage Dress (modified pattern) and Yard Clean Up ( trees, boxes, rose bush limbs) in time for city-wide trash pick up, likely today

source is our front sidewalk

Frustrations: Julie has been in bed two weeks; sewing machine tension is off, making sewing almost unacceptable; Julie does not keep her new phone charged

Successes: Julie was in wheelchair and playing cards in the manor activity room with only minor headaches Sunday and yesterday; Pfaff sewing machine taken to be fixed at the repair shop; went fishing today and we caught our limit of trout! Geese were present



Happiness Derived from Material Goods: New Merlot Leather Lazy Boy Recliner delivered yesterday so Gene and I now have Edith and Archie Bunker chairs

 
Blooming:  Iris in front


144 seeds planted on April : progress of sprouting as of April 14. half are up:


Electronic Update: The Fire was knocked off Julie's bedside table on Sunday night and is broken beyond repair; new phone for Julie is working (but hardly ever charged when I need to call her)

Trying to learn how to use Jack's Camera (macro lens):
actual size: a 50 cent piece
 
Ollie the Owl: still here, seen most often at dawn and then again about 10 AM daily

Reading: Almost finished another Rosamund Pilcher's Winter Solstice, and Pain in the Tuchis

So what is up in your neck of the woods?

7 comments:

  1. sorry for the tech-troubles with Julie's phone/and fire. that's really frustrating. beautiful flowers. You are making progress with a lot of things. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dang! The Fire falling off the bedside table!
    Sewing machine troubles are hard. Honestly, I've thought, "I have an ironing basket, a closet, and a big dresser full of clothes. What makes me think I need to sew for myself?" I may stick to bunting, curtains, pillows, dolls . . .
    Yes, let's eat CAKE!
    Sending love and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this post style! it's great. You have done a huge amount this month. Hope the sewing machine is up and running soon, mine languishes through lack of inspiration! Cake looks delicious. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! Praying for Julie ALWAYS! I would like to have a piece of that cake please, thank you:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a lemon fan. That icebox cake looks refreshing. Had to flinch at the Fire falling and cracking. This is even with a sturdy case? I can't wait to see your dress. I'm curious about the fabric and pattern pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    Great talking to you. You've had so many frustrations to deal with, yet you persevere. You're a inspiration. Glad to hear Ollie the owl is still around.
    Carol in Long Island

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you have been busy. I'm not doing a good job of checking blogs or continuing to post to mine, even though I have the intention to do so about once a week. It is good to know that one of the blogs I've followed for quite some time is still here. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!