Thursday, January 26, 2012

Becoming a Pensioner

These articles are worth a look.  I became an early pensioner today, so everything is not all bad.

Pensions in the United States  Thank you, Sisters of Charity, for my pension plan

Study Hints That Statins Might Fight Breast Cancer  (more advances in breast cancer research)

The Upside Benefit for Women of Guaranteed Income in Retirement  (women do live longer than men)

and finally, just for a chuckle, here is one of the cards daughter Julie sent me for my birthday:


Happy Birthday to me, just another old broad :o)  And thank you, Gene, for my new red leather loveseat where I can plot, plan, knit, read, converse, watch tv, and generally thoroughly enjoy my retirement.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from this 'ole BROAD:) CUTE card!!! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday and congratulations on your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Florida ConnectionJanuary 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM

    Happy Birthday from the sunny rainy South....Sun in Florida; rain in Tennessee's great Smokey Mountains. Retirement is ok. Make the most of it; and I am sure you will...Love to you

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!