Friday, January 13, 2012

How to Make Modge Podge


Buying Modge Podge can set you back a few bucks more than making it yourself. Since it is used in the craft room about as frequently as scissors, here is a recipe for a home made brew, courtesy of thekrazycouponlady:

1 jar (An old pasta sauce or salsa jar will work)
1 bottle of Elmer’s glue
 water 
Empty the glue into the jar. Add water; you will need equal parts water and glue, so you can even use the (now) empty glue bottle to measure your water. Now, shake the jar until it’s well blended. You will need to shake it a lot, so pace yourself!! This recipe will make Mod Podge that is a little on the runny side. If you want yours to be a little thicker add more glue.

That's all there is to it!

(All pictures courtesy of Pinterest)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy!
    No way! Really????? Oh my goodness this is wonderful...and I can't wait to use it for my next project. When I'm making the drawer clocks I use a lot of it. Who would have thunk. Thank you so much.
    Hope you are having a great day your way...
    Judi *hugs*
    p.s. Love your new picture. You look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I have a giant bottle that I just bought! Enjoy your day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be really inexpensive. Is it really the same result? Will have to try it. Thanks Nancy! And, hello-Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy, this is a great post and timely. Can`t wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!