Sunday, September 23, 2012

This and That and Some Knitting

Something new for fall decoration, cheap, colorful and making the living room smile with cheeriness: colorful plastic acorns.  Now really, don't they look like glass?  You, too, can have them for mere pennies and they are available at Michael's.

The Mr. and I attended two fun events this week. One was a picnic for Hospice of Western Colorado volunteers with a beach party theme.


And the pictures are of the Mr., and friend Mary who was a whiz at hoola hooping.  You can figure out who is who.

Libby Sweetpea is actually the Therapy Dog International volunteer for Hospice and I just drive her around to make her visits with hospice patients. It was the thought on the day of the picnic to leave her home because it would have actually been work for her to greet people, let them pet her, coo over her, and she would have had to be on her best behavior.  So she got the day off after working for four years for Hospice, and we allowed her to sleep in

while her driver enjoyed some picnic food of pork loin.

Then last night was the Gala Event for Community Hospital with the Moulin Rouge theme.  Proceeds ...errr...profits from the gala will be used to buy defibrillator units for our local schools.

On the needles this week is the Broken Rib Cowl:

and these baby booties (except my yarn is pink):
 with the pattern found here.

Thank you for reading my blog.  Thank you for submitting comments; they are very much appreciated.  And thank you all new followers. Please take a visit to these newest followers and say a friendly hello: The Shop Around the Corner, Merione, and Diana Evans.

13 comments:

  1. Those auburn baubles are beautiful. I need to take a trip to Michaels.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy!
    The booties are so cute!
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    I like that therapy doggie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun and for a great cause! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up here :D Cute little booties, you will show us the finished item won't you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little therapy dog is so sweet. It's a brilliant idea to do this for hospices, not so often seen in the UK yet though. The knitting looks cosy, nice colours. I like your glass look decorations, very pretty. I walked a rescue dog today - a bit too big for me - who dragged me along and then abruptly turned around and dragged me back to the kennels - he must have decided I wasn't up to the job! Bettyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog is adorable. Everyone was dressed so fun at the gala. I love how Mary can still hula hoop. I used to be good at it. I can't keep it up anymore and boy did my babies give me hips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the acorns are so pretty and your photos are great too!!! love the knitting....I need to learn how to knit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little therapy dog - so so sweet!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like a busy lady! The Moulin Rouge party looks like fun. Love the pattern on the cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy! I like the knitting patterns and thanks for sharing the picture of your sweet Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy..
    What wonderful events!! I didn't know that you had a therapy dog.
    I think it's awesome!!!

    Your needle-craft projects are beautiful!
    Love the color of yarn that you chose for the cowl.

    Hope you have a great day!!

    {[hugs}}
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are sweet little acorns! But the little therapy dog is sweet also. Sounds like fun times there for great causes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute booties (:) and love the acorns~~
    hugs..P

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!