Saturday, April 26, 2014

Flowers on Fence

Looking through Pinterest and images on Wooden Fence Decorating provided imaginative mental fodder for painting flowers on our wooden fence.  It is rough cedar and does not provide a smooth painting surface. But it needed a bit of refreshing, to say the least.

A "Before Makeup" picture of our woebegone fence corner:


I would show a couple of neat ideas and pictures that others on various sites have shown that were pretty darn cute, but what with people now suing for damages by using others' photos, I'm leery to do so.  (See this story by Roni Loren about her lawsuit resulting in her having to pay thousands of dollars by using a Google image.  She talks also about "Fair Use" and copyright validation, and is well worth the read.)

So now I am not using pictures found on the internet, but will provide links in the future.

Back to the fence.

Acrylic paints in tube form and two cans of acrylic green spray paint were used. The husband snapped this photo of me working on some leaves.


Here is our NEW fence face.


This is on Pinterest at this link. You can see ideas of exterior art by typing in the search words "OUTDOOR ART" or "FENCE ART" on Pinterest and catch many pieces of outside decoration.

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful cheerful transformation Nancy. I want to paint my Potting Shed door this Summer so I am going to have a look at the Pinterest Page you suggest. Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fence turned out great Nancy! That's terrible about the lawsuit pertaining to using other's photos from Google. I use only mine when I can, but I always note that I used illustrations from Yahoo or Google. When you pick a picture from Google, you don't always know who it belonged to originally. I received an anonymous email a few months ago telling me not to use a certain artist's picture of Johnny Appleseed! I don't claim other's works as my own, and I did find that artist's blog, went back to my post (I mean it was 2 years ago!) and personally gave the artist credit for the illustration...what nerve! It has always been my understanding that if you put your photos, work out there, it's with the idea that we're all welcome to use it.

    So, thanks for the input and your gorgeous fence Nancy! Have a great weekend! See you soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes for that woman and the lawsuit she had to deal with. He should have let it go. She took it down immediately. She acknowledged her bad.
    Your fence is so much more cheerful. The colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous flowers Nancy! You are so clever! I'm looking at the fence here in a new and speculative light! So glad you got my voice mail - I've posted my little thank you package yesterday - hope it won't take too long to reach you! E x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY GOODNESS, that is gorgeous! I love flowers on a fence:) Enjoy your weekend and thanks for making me smile! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Nancy's Art * Crafts" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-sunday-drive_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's so bright and cheery Nancy! what an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Why don't you come over the mountains and help me do that?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you so much for reading my post, and heaps more hugs and thank you's for leaving a note!